Pray For Japan

Pray For Japan
Please click the image link above for ten major organizations providing relief resources in Japan,

Thank You!

TonyFromDCSays follow me

Twitpic

2/22/11

Black and Mild's, Souper Meal and Moscato

I'm on a diet...


A fuck-you leave me to my own devices diet that doesn't allow me to ingest bullshit, whiners, dry-snitches and sometimey spineless pussies that will catch 40 feelings before they speak to you like an adult.

I can indulge myself in all of the fatty foods and run-on sentences that my big ole' heart desires. Currently though, I'm trying to be pensive with this cup of noodles in my lap. It's a difficult task because I keep hiccuping and pandora decided to play 'pretty woman' on my Curtis Mayfield Station... *change* Aaaah 'You're all I need' by Marvin Gaye. Whatever happened to good music like this? What happened to soul so that people didn't think it was cool anymore? Strangely enough, country music seems to get its roots around the 1920's, but the style is still relevant nowadays. I don't listen to the shit, but the cowboy country I was exposed to in Antelope California was quite comical. Good drinking music.

What happened to the era of Soul to make people disinterested in smooth tones, instrumentation, and good ole' call and response smothered in sweet sweet lovin'. Maybe I'm just talking about Fire and Desire (Rick James/Teena Marie) and I need to stop trippin'. Maybe everybody got tired of good music and wanted to hear something different because the grass was greener, and now they're stuck. I'm a DC native that remembers Go-go and soul and rap/hip-hop (in that specific order) when I was exposed to music, Go-go is my heart. I've heard bad go-go songs that sounded like a methed out garage band. I've heard good ones that made me want to make babies with ugly women, or even revived me from a drunken stupor enough to stop puking on myself and be a good citizen. Regardless, I value the attributes that soul music brings to the table being an 80's baby, and wish music moved back to something along those lines before I die.

This is a GINORMOUS fucking cup of noodles... The Quarter is in there for scale, this bitch is like 4 quarters tall X 6 quarters in diameter. I've been eating it for a half hour and this is where I am lol

So to get back to my hidden thesis, the three things in the title are tools for writing, hence my blog. I consume these things and produce this garbage that you are absorbing through osmosis =D. Oooh wait, funny story:

 I was approached on another social-networking/blog site by a reputable web-hosting company recently. They wanted to construct a domain of TonyQuander.com to hold my movie trailer for this indy film, my headshots, acting resume, my music that I produce/co-produce.. all that. They showed me simple things that could be made to look REALLY enticing and quite artful. 

- So I says, that's awesome! so how much for a 6mo lease on the domain? 

- They say in response; 'Our min is $500 for a custom website with hosting. For $50, I can customize for you a 'ndkjbfk' or 'ioasnbdn' website. Then Link your URL to it.'

- So I says I can create a free blog on Blogger, and get a Godaddy domain for like 8 American, are one of your representatives going to bring roses and chocolates when they come fuck me?

No response yet.

Shoutouts to Bayan M The Photographer, the Man, the Visionary. I wouldn't have started this rubbish without his positive energy. Shoutouts to my man Deon from the last blog, he's still in the tank and I wish he weren't so that we could go out somewhere and get arrested together like old times. Also Shoutouts to Bomani Armah for a wonderful Hip-Hop set @ LIV nightclub last night. Very inspirational, very visceral.


What did we learn today? Country started in the 20s, Blogger is free and Go-go is the best/worst music of all time.

Todays blog was brought to you by Barefoot, and the letter:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?

Search This Blog/Web/mis pantalones